You've been hit with a cancer diagnosis, told that you'll need to undergo chemotherapy and/or radiation and that you need to do your best to maintain proper nutrition and a healthy weight. It's not always so easy to accomplish. We asked the WhatNext network to share the foods, drinks and tips (and some tasty treats!) that helped them to get through treatment. Here's what they offered up:
1. Eat small meals 5-6 times per day.
2. Don't buy in bulk. What you may like one day may not taste or smell so good the next.
1. Chicken soup
2. Peanut butter sandwiches
4. Cottage cheese
5. Cheddar cheese
3. Rolls with butter
4. Pretzels (sometimes with peanut butter)
5. Macaroni and cheese
2. Fruit roll-ups
1. Pomegranate juice
2. Hot chocolate
3. Chocolate milk (lots!)
4. Ensure (sometimes over ice cream!)
5. Water flavored with some cranberry juice
6. Dunkin Donuts coffee!
9. Special K protein drinks
1. Cupcakes with chocolate frosting
2. Ice cream
3. M & Ms
5. Apple pie
For additional information, you can access the American Cancer Society's common answers to questions about nutrition and physical activity during and after cancer treatment by clicking here. To join the conversation and share what got you through treatment, please comment below or visit us here.