Rita120451's Journey with Primary Peritoneal Carcinoma (EOPPC)

Patient: Ovarian and Fallopian Tube Cancer > Primary Peritoneal Carcinoma > Primary Peritoneal Carcinoma (EOPPC)

Patient Info: Finished active treatment less than 5 years ago, Diagnosed: about 5 years ago, Female, Age: 66, Stage IIIC

  1. 1
    • Rita120451
    • Experience with Primary Peritoneal ...
    about 5 years ago
    Rita120451's Avatar

    Debulking surgery

    Procedure or Surgery

    Debulking surgery, small bowel resection. The cancer is a genetic ovarian cancer but I had cervical cancer in 1985 and had my ovaries removed. The surgery was very painfulI and to make matters worse I came down with c-Diff while in the hospital and have been sick ever since. Ugh! Tomorrow am having a port installed for the chemo IV. I have to say this has been the surgery from XXX. I sure hope I get to feeling better soon. Doctor says there is an 80% chance this cancer will reoccur. I'm trying to concentrate on the 20% chance that it won't! Anyone out there with a similar situation?

    Went as Expected: Strongly Agree
    Minimal Recovery: Disagree
    Minimal Side Effects: Disagree
    Minimal Impact to Daily Life: Disagree
    1 Comment
  2. 2
    • Rita120451
    • Experience with Primary Peritoneal ...
    almost 5 years ago
    Rita120451's Avatar

    Implant chemotherapy port

    Procedure or Surgery

    Doctor told me this was an easy procedure, but it's been a week and the surgical implant site hurts along with my left arm. It seems like I am out of breath more than I was. Not sure if it was worth it but I haven't started chemo yet so I guess I'll find out.

    Went as Expected: Neutral/NA
    Minimal Recovery: Disagree
    Minimal Side Effects: Disagree
    Minimal Impact to Daily Life: Disagree
    1 Comment
  3. 3
    • Rita120451
    • Experience with Primary Peritoneal ...
    almost 3 years ago
    Rita120451's Avatar

    Bowel obstruction

    Side Effects

    Suffered from moderate to severe diarrhea for two years.

    0 Comments
  4. 4
    • Rita120451
    • Experience with Primary Peritoneal ...
    almost 3 years ago
    Rita120451's Avatar

    Nerve damage (peripheral neuropathy)

    Side Effects

    Moderate to severe in both feet and right hand fingertips. Took 2700 mg of Gabapentin daily then switched to Lyrica. Lyrica was awful and I suffered from weight gain, horrible mood swings and fatigue. I have stopped taking the Lyrica as having the moderate neuropathy is something I would rather live with than to be in a state of lethargy and bad moods.

    0 Comments
  5. 5
    • Rita120451
    • Experience with Primary Peritoneal ...
    almost 3 years ago
    Rita120451's Avatar

    Remission

    Celebration

    Second year of remission! Hallelujah and praise the Lord! Thank you to my surgeon and oncologist for prolonging my life and to God for giving them the skill to do so!

    0 Comments