Decision Point - car092360

Decision Point Associated with Invasive Lobular Carcinoma . Posted on November 18, 2011 View this journey (5 Experiences)

Mastectomy time coming up soon. Will know surgery date after 11/28 follow up with Surgeon. Trying to decide if I want just the one breast removed or to have a bilateral mastectomy. Biopsy on other side came up with possible pre-cancerous "calcifications" - check back in 6 mths. Will have to find out if my insurance covers it. I don't want any reconstruction - just not for me. Would be fine being breast free and wearing breast forms (or not). Will see what Surgeon has to say, then make a decision.

2 Comments
  • grams2jc's Avatar
    grams2jc

    I had only my left breast removed due to healing concerns caused by RA meds. I say go for both since you have pre-cancerous calcifications.
    Good Luck!

    over 8 years ago
  • digger6218's Avatar
    digger6218

    I agree with grams2jc I am in the same situation. For 8 years They have found pre cancerous only in the right. This time DCIS in the right and precancerous on the left. My hubby jokes that it;s been a mastectomy by installments. For peace of mind I'm having a bilateral next Tuesday.

    over 8 years ago

Read more Invasive Lobular Carcinoma experiences about Decision Point.

Read and answer Invasive Lobular Carcinoma questions.