Whether to have surgery in two weeks or wait and have the surgery in a month rather than two weeks - Mequilatequila

Decision Point Associated with Invasive (Infiltrating) Ductal Carcinoma . Posted on August 11, 2012 View this journey (2 Experiences)

I received my biopsy pathology report Fri. Aig. 3 which showed high grade invasive breast cancer. Wed, Aug. 8th, I met with the oncologist. He's recommending a mastectomy and surgery is already scheduled in two weeks, Aug. 24. I feel I need more time to digest the news and find out more about what is involved in a mastectomy and the healing process / timeline after the surgery. So I would like to delay the surgery by another two weeks but the fact that the cancer is a recurrence poorly differentiated, high grade, and already invasive speaks to quick action. It feels that things are moving too fast. So fast that I am having difficulty digesting the news and balancing what appears to be needed (surgery) with what my gut feels (I'm not quite ready nor balanced). So i just have to decide when to have my surgery for my mastectomy.

Read and answer Invasive (Infiltrating) Ductal Carcinoma questions.