To Chemo or Not to Chemo, that is the Question... - so4getful

Decision Point Associated with Hemangioendothelioma. Posted on November 1, 2012 View this journey (10 Experiences)

September 2012: Fast Forward about 7 months. Scans are "mostly stable" however, they show significant thickening of the Pleural lining around my right lung. Adding to that are new symptoms of pain in the same general area when I breathe deeply. Pulminologist and Oncologist both think it points to a progression of the disease and the question is raised to start or not start Chemo...

The pain has been progressing. And while I still feel strong, my wife and I decided that starting now would be best instead of waiting until the pain and breathing is more difficult.

Port Implant Scheduled. Chemo beginning 2 weeks after that.

Read and answer Hemangioendothelioma questions.