• Anyone have experience with Zytiga?

    Asked by JannD on Tuesday, July 31, 2012

    Anyone have experience with Zytiga?

    My husband has had 8 treatments of Taxitere. The side effects were getting too much. No chemo last time. A CT scan ordered in a week or so, Probably switching to Zytiga. I have read it is common not to exceed more than 10 on the Taxitere. We are just a bit concerned what we are trading for. His has stage 4 prostate. Lots of tumors that were no longer shrinking much. Just remainng stable,

    2 Answers from the Community

    • Franksp's Avatar

      Zytiga has much lower side effects than chemotherapy such as Taxotere (Docetaxel). The response rate to Zytiga is 80% which means 8/10 men will respond and get better with Zytiga and 2/10 will not. So you need to realise there is a 20% chance of this medication not working. For most men Zytiga can really improve quality of life and gives these men more energy and less lain from the disease. In the 80% of responses to Zytiga some of the responses are remarkably good with a reduction in bone mets and large decreases in PSA levels sustaine in some cases for many years. The longest survivor took part in the original clinical trials in London and he is an 8 year survivor on Zytiga.

      about 5 years ago
    • tspoon's Avatar

      Zytiga is so new, there are few men to tell you much. Results look good, my hubby has 6 taxotere treatments planned then on to zytiga ourselves. He is on 2 now, 4 to go. Keep the rest of us informed, since there are so few examples ahead of us. God bless Jann.

      about 5 years ago

    Help the community by answering this question:

    Create an account to post your answer Already have an account? Sign in!

    By using WhatNext, you agree to our User Agreement, and Privacy Policy

    Read and answer more prostate cancer questions.  Also, don't forget to check out our Prostate Cancer page.