• Anyone know of financial assistance in PA.

    Asked by derbygirl on Tuesday, March 27, 2012

    Anyone know of financial assistance in PA.

    I was diagnosed with Ovarian Cancer in 2008 and have undergone 2 heart surgeries and a heart catheritization. I have been unable to work since Feb. 2008 per doctors orders. I have applied for SSDI and am awaiting a hearing. I am having difficulting making ends meet. I get medical assistance and $90 a month cash assistance as well as food stamps. My 70 year old Mother lives with me and pays rent with her social security. After the rent is paid we barely have enough left over to cover our electric bill. I have been told it will be shut off in April. I have contacted LIHEAP and our local community action program who tell me I am income ineligible for help because of my Mothers social security however they are not looking at other expenses. They ask for copies of bills and rental costs but then do not take it into consideration. Moving is not an option because we live in one of the cheapest apartment complexes in our area. Does anyone know of anyone I can call to help in PA. Thank you

    1 Answer from the Community

    • GregP_WN's Avatar

      Please call the american cancer society at the number listed in the resources link above. There are programs to help with your medicines, some treatment meds, gas expenses going to treatments, various programs are available. Give the toll free number a call and be patient, they will find some resources to help you. As far as local help, maybe call the treatment center where you got treatments and explain your situation, they surely have a few resources.
      I wish you the best in your situatioin and your health.

      almost 9 years ago

    Help the community by answering this question:

    Create an account to post your answer Already have an account? Sign in!

    By using WhatNext, you agree to our User Agreement, and Privacy Policy

    Read and answer more ovarian and fallopian tube cancer questions.  Also, don't forget to check out our Ovarian and Fallopian Tube Cancer page.