Asked by Flowers55 on Monday, May 20, 2013


    Had J-Pouch for UC and been monitoring for years - CEAs were increasing but Drs said due to UC - came home from hospital for mass infection, received call, I
    she has colon cancer and Dr said may have to remove part of hip bone - to see oncologist Friday - was told to get rx doe pet scan - went to pick up - said noto wait til Doctors appoint - I feel there is no continuenty - but do not like the "little as possible" info. Thiking of putting off oncologist appointment til I get another opinion -

    2 Answers from the Community

    • Peroll's Avatar

      It sounds like there are some communication problems. Based on what you say I would not put off the oncologist appointment to get another opinion as the oncologist should give you an opinion as to what is going on. That does not mean that you should not schedule an appointment for a 2nd opinion ASAP as it can some times take a while to get in. When you get to the oncologist appointment be sure to tell them about the communication issues and get the name of their aissistant so you can call them if the are problems like this in the future. Good Luck

      over 3 years ago
    • JennyMiller's Avatar

      Sometimes, we just have to be our own advocate for our medical care -- and it appears that this may be one of those times. Share your concerns with your Oncologist and ask for guidance in getting the communication and care that you deserve. Stand your ground!!! Good Luck!

      over 3 years ago

    Help the community by answering this question:

    Create an account to post your answer Already have an account? Sign in!

    By using WhatNext, you agree to our User Agreement, and Privacy Policy

    Read and answer more adenocarcinoma, colorectal cancer questions.  Also, don't forget to check out our Adenocarcinoma, Colorectal Cancer page.