• Ever heard of a treatment center asking for ACH debit card info and checking account info...

    Asked by tjclaw1 on Saturday, January 14, 2012

    Ever heard of a treatment center asking for ACH debit card info and checking account info...

    Treatment center asking for ACH debit card, credit card, checking account info, including voided check so they can charge your account for outstanding balance 60 days after treatment if insurance doesn't pay. I'll give them my flexible spending account info and pay co-pays as I go, but I am not providing bank info so they can wipe out my checking account and leave me with nothing to pay bills and take care of my children. I think this is crazy. Anybody else have this experience?

    5 Answers from the Community

    5 answers
    • scomputer's Avatar


      My first question to you is. What happen if after 60 day your insurance company pay the bill. (which was held up due to a clerical error). Now you have to try to get your money back from the insurance company or challenge them for a refund.

      What happens to those who do not have a bank account. If they cant take a check after 60 days from you directly, then this info I would not give freely.

      I think we should treat our bank accounts info, the same way we should treat our social security, birth certificate and insurance info.

      Close to the chest.

      over 9 years ago
    • tjclaw1's Avatar

      I agree with you completely. I NEVER give out my social security number and, legally, they can't require you to give it to them. I plan to decline their request. I go on Wednesday for my appointment, so I'll post an update on their response.

      over 9 years ago
    • CarolLHRN's Avatar

      I would be concerned about this treatment center's financial policies. If this treatment center is in network for your insurance company, I don't believe they can do this. If they are in network, I would call your insurance company to ask about these policies. When providers sign a contract with insurance companies, they have to follow the rules set by the insurance company and can't have their own policies.

      You may also want to ask your insurance company for a case manager to help you manage through treatment to assure the services you are going to receive are covered.

      over 9 years ago
    • tjclaw1's Avatar

      Good point, CaroLHRN. I was planning to call the insurance company anyway because, although the doctor is in network, I didn't see that the hospital he is associated with is. I definitely don't want to get stuck with bills from doctors or providers within his group that are not in network. This will be my first visit there and I don't have a diffinitive diagnosis yet, but I was planning to ask for a case manager once I know more. Dealing with insurance is a total nightmare, even for me, and I have a law degree, though I don't practice in the healthcare field.

      over 9 years ago
    • AngieJ's Avatar

      My mom contacted NCI about adjunct treatment she was given A DR.s name that provides bio-identical compounds for adjunct tx. I called them & it is 1 yr of treatment .they only accept full payment $2,700. By 1st visit the dr is in good standing & has been in the same location for 8 yrs I haven't went I feel like if I don't want their tx I would have wasted my time & the money part probably wouldnt be refunded , it seems a red flag is waving at me ido have a cd & info where theyexplain more but I haven't viewed it yet . I have heard people whom tried herbals I even met a man with lougherigs dx.who went out of the country for snake venom that he said helped for a few yrs .

      over 9 years ago

    Help the community by answering this question:

    Create an account to post your answer Already have an account? Sign in!

    By using WhatNext, you agree to our User Agreement, and Privacy Policy

    Read and answer more rare cancers questions.  Also, don't forget to check out our Rare Cancers page.