• home health care

    Asked by slwalker on Saturday, May 11, 2013

    home health care

    Are there any low cost or free home health care providers that would help with my dad who is 86 on medicare & has a medical supplement plan that don't cover any intermediate home health care as he will be starting radiation soon.

    3 Answers from the Community

    • CAS1's Avatar

      Check with the social worker at the hospital, any senior services in your county or city, check with your local center on ageing. They will be your best resource to find out what services you can get.

      over 7 years ago
    • FreeBird's Avatar

      86 years old is a huge achievement in itself. I have a neighbor who is in his 90's, fought in WWII, and still rides a motorcycle. How wild is that? My heart goes out to you for what your family's going through. The advice you received on contacting a social worker or senior services is good. I've never looked into it, but how about asking this eldercare http://www.eldercare.gov/Eldercare.NET/Public/Index.aspx whether they are aware of any resources.

      over 7 years ago
    • kerrijan's Avatar

      Medicare covers home health services 100% if the patient is homebound, has a referral from a physician. Call them for assistance.

      over 5 years ago

    Help the community by answering this question:

    Create an account to post your answer Already have an account? Sign in!

    By using WhatNext, you agree to our User Agreement, and Privacy Policy

    Read and answer more head & neck/throat cancer questions.  Also, don't forget to check out our Head & Neck/Throat Cancer page.