• Hurry up or wait?

    Asked by dfs13 on Thursday, April 4, 2013

    Hurry up or wait?

    It's been 3 weeks since my last CT and I haven't seen the doctor yet to plan the next step. Do others have this long wait? My CT shows a nodule that looks exactly like the BAC images on the internet. I want to get on with it.

    8 Answers from the Community

    8 answers
    • ddkk3's Avatar

      So you haven't heard anything from your doctor within those 3 weeks? I would definitely call them asap and try to get in. When I was first diagnosed, I heard from them the same day I believe of both of my CT scans. Best of luck to you.

      over 7 years ago
    • SueRae1's Avatar

      Wow that's a really long time to weight. Your MD should have had the results within 24-48 hours after the scan. I would defiantly call and find out why they haven't set up an appointment. When they discovered the mass on my Kidney in 1995 during a scan, My doctor called me the next morning and told me he had scheduled a more comprehensive scan for the next day. 3 weeks after the first scan I had a nephrectomy.

      over 7 years ago
    • sandikf's Avatar

      I usually have doc appt. day after scans. I would call for sure.

      over 7 years ago
    • CAS1's Avatar

      Unacceptable. But It remeinds me of my first encounters at a leading Hospital who were terrible with my cancer and dx. You should have been seen the same day after the CT to dicuss the treatment plan..This is not good and it is unacceptable for Lung Cancer. Call the lung cancer alliance and find a specialist near you. Get copies of you scans and get in there and get treatment started. This is nuts.

      over 7 years ago
    • carm's Avatar
      carm (Best Answer!)

      Hello, I am an oncology nurse and perhaps I might be able to shed a little light on why he might be waiting. When you consider lung cancers, the BAC form is really the only one that is confined to the lung. It never really metastasizes so in essence it is a cancer in situ. They have the tendency to regress on their own at times and because of this, depending on the oncologist, some prefer surgical removal while others take the conservative approach and do the "Watchful Wait." The cells of this type are highly differentiated, easy to spot so you can track them easily. Some call it a "pseudo cancer" type in that the body has a way of getting rid of it. Because of this, oncologists see no urgency. It is very slow growing and some even if they do not regress, do not grow at all. I understand your concerns, so I am attaching a link to an oncologist that does have a special interest in BAC. This might help to explain the rationale:
      Best of luck to you, Carm RN.

      over 7 years ago
    • Gabba's Avatar

      You should get your results and answers from your physician...evn if he has decided to wait and watch he needs to share that with you and not leave ou dangling for three weeks...totally unacceptable! Good luck and God bless.

      over 7 years ago
    • emmett11's Avatar

      I was dx'ed 12/08/2012, NSCC, now, mets in the other lung and brain, first treatment tomorrow, Cyber Knife for the brain, Chemo later for the lungs.
      Very frustrating.

      over 7 years ago
    • debwadham's Avatar

      Do check with doctor ! I have patience of a nat my surgery set for May 16th ! Yes I feel same way

      over 7 years ago

    Help the community by answering this question:

    Create an account to post your answer Already have an account? Sign in!

    By using WhatNext, you agree to our User Agreement, and Privacy Policy

    Read and answer more bronchioloalveolar carcinoma questions.  Also, don't forget to check out our Bronchioloalveolar Carcinoma page.