• I am new to this area is very scared due to other problems that I am facing espically my living situtation which is very verbal abuse

    Asked by Sweetmouth01 on Wednesday, October 10, 2012

    I am new to this area is very scared due to other problems that I am facing espically my living situtation which is very verbal abuse

    I live in austell ga. with my dad two sisters and a brother and my 20year old daughter and her 3month old baby is here in a 2bed room duplex. I am treated like I am nobody, and all because they know that I am in need is just so hurtful to accept alone with dealing with my illness. I have missed manyof my appointments due to not having no transportation to take the test that i need inorder to see the doctor that will be actually doing the surgery which is not good. I would like to know if anyone that lives in atlanta georgia that is willing to assist me with housing. I am searching for happiness and just feeling like some one cares. If anyone can help me please. or if anyone knows how I can get help plz

    5 Answers from the Community

    5 answers
    • teddyfuzz's Avatar

      Hi Sweetmouth01. I wish you well and hope that you are able to find the help you seek.

      over 8 years ago
    • GregP_WN's Avatar

      Here is a link to the American Cancer Society program called Road To Recovery. It is a transportation program where they will send a volunteer out to take you to your appointments. If you have a church, you should ask the leaders about help. Any social worker at your hospital or your cancer care clinic may also have resources for you. You also can call the American Cancer Society and ask for resources available for treatments and other programs, you can get their number at www.cancer.org We wish you well!

      Greg P

      over 8 years ago
    • SueRae1's Avatar

      here's a link for an organization in GA

      Also speak with a social worker at the hospital/center you are being treated at. They know how to work the system and get you transportation to and from your treatments.

      over 8 years ago
    • nobrand's Avatar

      Hey Sweetmouth01, thanks for coming by.. I'm sorry you are having a tough time. Firstly, if you feel unsafe for yourself or your daughter-- get out as soon as possible. Call 911 if it's needed. If there's no emergency, take yourself down to the Department of Human Services and simply ask to talk to someone. If you can't make it down, call them. The DHS can help you get started with social services, like food stamps and housing, to help you get out of a dangerous situation. Be honest and tell them everything that's going on at home.

      If you are religious, seek guidance from your church. If that makes you uncomfortable, call your doctor's office and ask if they have a social worker or can refer you to one. We're all rooting for you here, but you really need to get a local advocate who can navigate the services around you. If there is an ACS chapter nearby, I think they can help too. Take care.

      over 8 years ago
    • Queen_Tatiana's Avatar

      Contact DSHS and see what help they can provide for you. Also, you might want to call the domestic violence hotline and see if you can get into a women's shelter where they will help you with transportation. Praying your situation is made better for you.

      over 8 years ago

    Help the community by answering this question:

    Create an account to post your answer Already have an account? Sign in!

    By using WhatNext, you agree to our User Agreement, and Privacy Policy

    Read and answer more cancer of unknown primary questions.  Also, don't forget to check out our Cancer of Unknown Primary page.