• I heard there might be help out there to defer your gas for travel to your treatments?

    Asked by caevans on Monday, February 11, 2013

    I heard there might be help out there to defer your gas for travel to your treatments?

    3 Answers from the Community

    • BuckeyeShelby's Avatar

      Call American Cancer Society. They have grants for gas cards. I had called them about something else, and they really pushed it on me. I politely declined because I live only 3 miles from my infusion center. Good luck!

      about 4 years ago
    • StrongSteph's Avatar

      I tried to get help for gas money and was totally shut out....if you are in treatment I think a local american cancer society group can help....and I beleive mileage to doctors is deductible.good luck!

      about 4 years ago
    • GregP_WN's Avatar

      Go to the top of this page and click on the resources link. That opens up a page that is specific to your zip code. Lots of resources for different things are available. In the little dinky town I live in there is a local foundatiion that helps with gas, food, hotel expenses for traveling to treatment. American Cancer Society has programs that they are affiliated with that sometimes help with gas through shell. It's always worth a call to the 800 number to the ACS listed in the resources. It may take 30 minutes, but be worth a whole lot.
      Give them a call, you have nothing to lose.

      about 4 years ago

    Help the community by answering this question:

    Create an account to post your answer Already have an account? Sign in!

    By using WhatNext, you agree to our User Agreement, and Privacy Policy

    Read and answer more breast cancer questions.  Also, don't forget to check out our Breast Cancer page.