• Need an oxygen concentrator

    Asked by savells on Thursday, June 26, 2014

    Need an oxygen concentrator

    My insurance does not cover this DME unless I am in hospice. Any ideas for assistance with the expense?

    3 Answers from the Community

    • lilymadeline's Avatar

      Maybe call the manufacturer and ask if they have any kind of a program available for low income patients? They just might so it is worth a phone call or email to inquire about it.
      But I also would keep applying if I were you, ask your oncologist to push it through. All I know is that my oncologist keeps applying for things until they finally say yes, and so far it has always worked with Medicare and my prescription coverage. Good luck and best wishes!

      about 4 years ago
    • CrazyHarry's Avatar

      Are you sure the insurance company just doesn't want you to breathe deeper? LOL

      On a more serious note, you may be able to pick one up used. Check the local classifieds or craigslist.


      about 4 years ago
    • cam32505's Avatar

      My mother was on oxygen for 30 years. She never owned the concentrator, always rental, so I don't think anyone would have one just laying around. If a doctor orders it, insurance should pay for it. If not, you can look into applying for Medicaid, if you qualify. They are very expensive machines, costing hundreds of dollars/month just to rent the machine.

      about 4 years ago

    Help the community by answering this question:

    Create an account to post your answer Already have an account? Sign in!

    By using WhatNext, you agree to our User Agreement, and Privacy Policy

    Read and answer more synovial sarcoma, adult soft tissue cancer questions.  Also, don't forget to check out our Synovial Sarcoma, Adult Soft Tissue Cancer page.