• Need quick legal service for cancer patient. Any ideas? Any estate planners come to the home?

    Asked by Cerwinner on Monday, January 28, 2013

    Need quick legal service for cancer patient. Any ideas? Any estate planners come to the home?

    7 Answers from the Community

    7 answers
    • Peroll's Avatar

      Rey calloing ther local Bar associatiion for a referal and be sure to ask for one that makes house calls!!!!

      over 7 years ago
    • Peroll's Avatar

      The first word should be try

      over 7 years ago
    • SueRae1's Avatar

      In addition to calling the Bar Association, ask friends and family if they know anyone. The hospital social services office/social work may also be able to help you find a go lawyer and/or estate planner.

      over 7 years ago
    • nancyjac's Avatar

      Estate planners are financial planners. Are you looking for a lawyer or a financial planner?

      over 7 years ago
    • Nancebeth's Avatar

      www.disabilityrightslegalcenter.org offers free legal services to cancer patients.

      over 7 years ago
    • carm's Avatar

      Hi, you have a couple of other options. Cancer Legal resource center at[phone number redacted] and in case the number gets xxx'd out its the disabilityrightslegalcenter.org or else there is patientadvocate.org at[phone number redacted]. Hope this is not blocked and it helps you, Carm.

      over 7 years ago
    • moxie's Avatar

      I would recommend a CFP--certified financial planner. I am married to a financial planner just in process of diagnosis of bile duct cancer. If you want estate planning, am assuming that means survivorship/inheritance issues. Attorneys do wills, attorneys do medical powers of attorney etc. They are not usually trained in financial planning. You may need both.

      over 7 years ago

    Help the community by answering this question:

    Create an account to post your answer Already have an account? Sign in!

    By using WhatNext, you agree to our User Agreement, and Privacy Policy

    Read and answer more bile duct (cholangiocarcinoma) cancer questions.  Also, don't forget to check out our Bile Duct (Cholangiocarcinoma) Cancer page.