• Where can I get help, when my insurance does not cover my treatment for breast cancer?

    Asked by Honduranlady on Thursday, September 13, 2012

    Where can I get help, when my insurance does not cover my treatment for breast cancer?

    2 Answers from the Community

    • GregP_WN's Avatar

      Click on the resources tab on top of page, get the number for the american cancer society, and call them. You will have to give a lot of information. They will start a case for you, and look into who can help. There are some drug companies that will pay/or give the medicines you need. Other organizations will pay for other things. Start there. Contact the social worker at the hospital or cancer care center you are going to, they have resources. It's not easy to do, takes a lot of time, if your not able to, get someone to help make the calls. I have used it, took six months to get some help on a particular issue. But it was worth close to 15K once it was done. There is help there but you will have to do some leg work.
      Best of luck to you, feel free to ask about anything, welcome to the site!

      over 8 years ago
    • MaryMoo's Avatar

      Try this website: http://supportorgs.cancer.gov/home.aspx?js=1 (If I did not paste it in correctly, go to www.cancer.gov and in the "search" box, type in financial help.) This will eventually lead you to a list of government agencies and private foundations that provide assistance for all kinds of cancer. I noted one that might be of interest - AVON Cares and I have posted in their information below. There are pages and pages of information on the website - this was just the first one I saw that might help you. Good luck!

      [phone number redacted] (Administrative) (Responds to calls in English and Spanish)
      [phone number redacted] (1-800-813-HOPE) (Responds to calls in English and Spanish)
      CancerCare, in partnership with the Avon Foundation, operates the AVONCares Program for Medically Underserved Women. This program provides financial assistance to low-income, under- and uninsured, underserved women throughout the country who need supportive services (transportation, childcare, or home care) related to the treatment of breast and gynecological cancers (cervical, endometrial, ovarian, uterine, vaginal, vulvar). To apply for funds from the AVONCares Program, download an application form online or contact CancerCare to receive the application.

      over 8 years ago

    Help the community by answering this question:

    Create an account to post your answer Already have an account? Sign in!

    By using WhatNext, you agree to our User Agreement, and Privacy Policy

    Read and answer more breast cancer questions.  Also, don't forget to check out our Breast Cancer page.