• Why do i have to suffer with all that pain?

    Asked by Jay504 on Thursday, January 4, 2018

    Why do i have to suffer with all that pain?

    I need as much help as possible

    5 Answers from the Community

    5 answers
    • GregP_WN's Avatar

      What type of help are you receiving now?

      over 3 years ago
    • Ejourneys' Avatar

      A palliative oncologist is specially trained to treat pain and any other kind of suffering. Palliative care starts from day of diagnosis and all oncologists are trained in some palliative care. But a palliative oncologist is a sub-specialist focused on relief of suffering.

      This page has more info, including a link to a directory of palliative oncologists in case there is one in your area:

      Wishing you relief.

      over 3 years ago
    • Skyemberr's Avatar

      My oncologist told me yesterday that he pretty much does whatever the palliative care doctor asks him to do, because she is the specialist in how to treat pain, not the oncologist.

      If you don't have a palliative care doctor you should be asking a lot of questions why! It's harder to beat cancer when you are in pain. Good luck!

      over 3 years ago
    • barryboomer's Avatar

      If there are no Cancer Pain Specialists where you live any Pain Doc is ok. Also Hospice is really good at this and many sign up earlier and earlier when you are still doing ok. They want you not at the very end but when you might have six months to live...Check them out too.

      over 3 years ago
    • Molly72's Avatar

      Is your pain from RA, or cancer or what?
      If you can be more detailed in your problem, it might help us give you better answers.

      over 3 years ago

    Help the community by answering this question:

    Create an account to post your answer Already have an account? Sign in!

    By using WhatNext, you agree to our User Agreement, and Privacy Policy

    Read and answer more rheumatoid arthritis questions.  Also, don't forget to check out our Rheumatoid Arthritis page.