• Zytiga

    Asked by c1a1c1 on Friday, August 17, 2018


    The funding my husband received for 8 months of Zytiga has ended and he now has to contact the pharmaceutical company directly instead of going through the oncologist's office. Does anyone out there have any input on doing this and what is the success of getting more funding?

    6 Answers from the Community

    6 answers
    • andreacha's Avatar

      I believe the Oncologists office (their patient advocate) should contact the manufacturer for you, In the end it is they that have to furnish your medical info and confirm that they are continuing to prescribe the medication. You can give them your household income information to include with their request.That's the way my Oncologist assists his patients. Good luck.

      almost 2 years ago
    • Whitey61's Avatar

      Yes agreed, have you MO contact the drug Manufacturer and apply to get in the Patient Advocacy Group to get the drug FOC ...I have done this for past 2 years for Pembroluzimab as an optimistic experimental case study for MPC, and my data is provided to Merck Pharma to enhance and tweek for other forms of cancer.

      almost 2 years ago
    • c1a1c1's Avatar

      The oncologist told us that they only did the contact for the first time which was January 2018 and after that it was up to my husband to do it (after Sept. 1.) Have you ever heard where a patient was denied assistance from the manufacturer?

      almost 2 years ago

    Help the community by answering this question:

    Create an account to post your answer Already have an account? Sign in!

    By using WhatNext, you agree to our User Agreement, and Privacy Policy

    Read and answer more prostate cancer questions.  Also, don't forget to check out our Prostate Cancer page.