Hang in there. You can do it. Wishing you the best.
Well I had my second TC treatment yesterday steroids the day before, the day of and the day after keep me up all night exhausted today My mind races have to go back today for a booster for white cells as the last treatment sent my white cells plumitting and ended up in the hospital for 4 days Damb this poison Is it worth it I hope this one is better then the last
Drug or Chemo Therapy (Chemotherapy): received TC treatment on Sept 8th first one I have had a lot of body aches some mouth and nose sores went back to oncologist on the 13th very low white blood count still have my hair although I cut it before the chemo I have a friend dieing in the hospital from brain cancer and I need to see her worried about infections but going anyway
Decision Point: Finally know what the treatment recomendation will be--- 12 weeks of chemo, 6 weeks of radiation and 5 years of hormone treatments. Appt next Friday to discuss these options. I am very unsure of any of the them.
Hi anna! i just started my hormone treatment, Tamoxifen, after a mastectomy, 2 rounds of chemo and 6 weeks of radiation. We are young and should do anything and everything we can to beat this disease! I had a wonderful doctors and they were able to explain everything to me in ways that made sense. Good luck on Friday! Bring a family member or friend who can take notes for you. Ask questions, ask oncologist to explain and re-explain until you are comfortable. Once you have a plan I think it helps because you can break it up into smaller sections. 12 weeks of chemo seems like a lot but it's probably only 4-6 treatments. That seems a little easier. Good luck!
Is it common not to know what your treatment plan will be 3 weeks after surgery?
I thought I knew that I would have a lumpectomy and sentinel node biopsy followed by radiation at the time I had my surgery. You won't know anything definite until all the pathology results are in. Mine changed my treatment plan altogether, and now I am in chemo and a whole bunch of other stuff I wasn't expecting.
My second surgery was Nov. 20th and I'm still waiting for my treatment plan. There is a possibility that I'll need chemo but have to wait for the results of the oncotype test. I called the oncologist yesterday and the results are in but he had gone home without calling so now I have to wait until tomorrow. Very frustrating. Once I get the answer, I expect to start treatment within a couple of weeks. I find you really have to bug them. I keep remindin myself that I'm not their only patient but I also wish they would understand the anxiety we go through while waiting for them to get back to us.
Based on my own experience have to say yes (but that's my experience). I'm being treated at Memorial Sloan Kettering in NYC and I'll be seeing one of their oncologists on 2/25. (I'm also getting a 2nd opinion from my own hematologist (oncologist ) as well-I see a hematologist because (lucky me) I'm also a Lupus patient. However, my Oncotype (genetic test that I generally recommend that most Stage I patients request) as it predicts into the future what the likelihood of a recurrence will be, just came back with good results, so I can cautiously say that it's unlikely I'll need chemotherapy (I did have a unilateral simple mastectomy [not nipple sparing, but I have my pectoral muscle]).
There are many tests that Pathology runs on your tumor once it's removed. The results of these tests take time. Your doc isn't just being lame by not phoning with results. The Oncotype results can take up to 3 weeks. I don't know your Stage, so it's up to you to ask your breast surgeon if she/he thinks an Oncotype is a good idea for you. I wish you the best of all possible outcomes!!...;)