• Beth's Avatar

    Beth shared an experience

    Decision Point: After finding out exactly what we were dealing with, I was presented with two options for surgery and found that making that decision was quite difficult. I spent many hours pouring over all the information I could find on both procedures. Then I took all the information and perspectives of many friends and family, slept on it, and prayed over it. Then the decision seemed very easy. I'm very comfortable with the course I've chose. I opted to have a complete mastectomy on the right side and possible reconstruction. I will see the plastic surgeon on Tuesday 10/11/11 to discuss what my options are. I'm hoping to end this ordeal with a beautiful new set of C Cups !! AND of course be Cancer free.

  • Beth's Avatar

    Beth shared an experience

    Celebration (No additional cancer found): I had an MRI to see if there were more tumors than had already been identified. NONE ! YAY! I still have Multifocal Disease, but at least the three tumors are small and in the same quadrant. Althought a Lumpectomy is still possible - I decided it wasn't my best choice, since the tumors are far enough apart that the amount of tissue needed to be removed would leave a pretty big hole and I did not like what I was reading about the possible effects of radiation. So I'm opting for a brand new TaTa on my right side! (and probably a little sprucing up of the left one to match). All good news!

  • Beth's Avatar

    Beth shared an experience

    Oh No (Diagnosed): 4/29/11-Radiologist found something on my mammo, confirmed by ultrasound, but thought it was nothing to be worried about - recommended another mammo in 6 mo.
    9/1/11 - PCP confirmed a lump and sent me for mammo and ultrasound. New radiologist agreed that it looked like nothing to worry about but sent for my previous films.
    9/12/11 - Mass has grown - scheduled for a needle biopsy
    9/14/11 - During needle biopsy, second lump confirmed and tested as well.
    9/20/11 - Diagnosis of Breast cancer received - both lumps malignant
    9/23/11 - Met with Breast Health Navigator for particulars from my lab report= Invasive Ductal Carcinoma, ER/PR +, Ne -, Grade 1 & 2. Lumpectomy may be possible. Overall fairly good news.
    9/26/11 - Met with surgeon - found out that there may be yet another mass - ordered an MRI to clarify location of all cancers in breasts. Surgery type and date will have to wait until we know exactly what we are dealing with.

  • Beth's Avatar

    Beth started following

    User: GregP_WN