- Puyallup, WA
- Member Since Feb 2013
Their Diagnoses (2)
- Patient: Lymphoma, Lung Cancer
- Patient Info: Finished active treatment less than 5 years ago, Diagnosed: over 5 years ago, Female, Age: 62
- View this journey (7 Experiences)
- Survivor: Mantle Cell Lymphoma
- Patient Info: Finished active treatment less than 5 years ago, Diagnosed: over 5 years ago, Female, Age: 63, Stage IV
- View this journey (8 Experiences)
Ellie59 wrote on Kiwigirl2860's wall
Welcome to the site. You and have a slightly parallel journey. I was diagnosed with NHL when I was 58. It's pretty unusual for women in our age group to get this.
You talked about radiation and Chemo. That was my treatment as well. It was very rough on me in practically every way.
The good news is that was five years ago November 1st. You can be a survivor . Your way stronger then Cancer trust me. Talk anytime and as much as you like here. There is so much information here and emotional support.. your not alone in this
Ellie59 wrote on irenepav's wall
I think it might be helpful to talk to a therapist to process your thoughts. Keep in mind that chemo can cause a deep depression . For me it made me feel hopeless and terrified.
5 years ago I was diagnosed with Mantle Cell Lymphoma.
I was told I had 18 month to live. My only option was a stem cell
Transplant. It might not work and I could die from the transplant.
My doctors where very honest about the pain, I will just tell you that they described fairly horrific things. I made a choice to step into the fire from XXX.
I am still here
Consider exhausting all other treatment options.
I honor you no matter whatever choice to do.
Only the Warrior knows when to lay down their arms