- Austin, TX
- Member Since Mar 2013
Their Diagnoses (1)
- Patient: Small Cell, Lung Cancer
- Patient Info: Currently in active treatment (initial surgery, receiving chemo rounds/radiation), Diagnosed: almost 4 years ago, Male, Age: 56, Stage Don't Know, SIADH: Don't Know
- View this journey (1 Experience)
jjhughesatx posted an update
I spoke with the social worker here at Seton Hospital in Austin, Tx, she was very concerned about my situation and is gonna try or more than likely get me into a treatment facility that my ins. will cover. I also found out that i have stage two non-small cell lung cancer. They took out the drain hoses from surgery today and the epidural, and if that wasn't bad enough they removed my urinal drain. I hurt pretty bad and being a wimp it's gonna be tough sleeping tonight. But thank God i'm still alive. Things look like they may work out. I have read many stories posted here and you guys are the bravest group of people i have ever come across. God bless you all and thanks for the advice and your concern.
jjhughesatx shared an experience
Procedure or Surgery (Lobectomy): this all started around christmas of 2012 when brackenridge hosp mis-diag. me with having T.B. and sent me to the travis co health dept. they made me start taking T.B. med and did so for about 3 weeks when the health dept decided that i didn't have T.B. i was sent back to Brackenridge Hosp and was then properly diagnosed with lung cancer. but since dec. of 2012 i have been out of work and got no help from the health dept. my boss was also my landlord and because i haven't been able to pay my rent because the health dept confined me to my home until told i could come out and all the cost asst. with being sick, co-pays, meds., and i also have 2 teens in school trying to graduate. my boss has given me a 3 day notice to vacate the property, and 2 days before surgery called me and demanded all the rent, which i didn't have at the time and was not sure when i would have it. i thought that after having cancer 3 times she might be a little more understanding. but i was wrong. she told me if i didn't come up with it i would be getting an eviction notice. i have been trying as hard as i can to get out of her place, but have not been able to do so yet and i'm afraid she's going to have me evicted before i'm well enough to do something about this.