Hi, Jojosmom! I read your profile, and it seemed like you thought your oncologist was unresponsive to your problem when you went to the ER. I understand it would be inconvenient to be treated out of town, but getting a second opinion somewhere else (plus statistics) would be worth a trip. If they are in agreement with your oncologist, you would feel more confident about being treated by her. It could also be a nice day trip this time of year!
The important thing is to start the process, so it won't delay your treatment. You might want to call the American Cancer Society to ask for a suggestion on how and where to get a second opinion, and if they have funding for second opinions. You could also inquire about their free lodging during cancer treatments in an out of town city, just in case you're tempted to get treated out of town. The ACS has free hotels in some cities with access to a kitchen. I don't know if they provide food or not. The ACS telephone people are really nice to talk to, so ask them anything when you call.
You haven't mentioned how much family you have for commuting or your physical condition, so I hope that's not a concern.
Do what makes you happy. Best wishes.