• JRuth's Avatar

    JRuth shared an experience

    Oh No (Money)

  • JRuth's Avatar

    JRuth started following

  • JRuth's Avatar

    JRuth asked a questionBreast Cancer

    Is financial aid available - and where do we start looking/

    14 answers
    • little_fut's Avatar

      Hi, I'm little_fut, I answered your question regarding financial assistance. I called my BCCTP worker today and she informed me it was a Federally funded program and if you DO NOT have any medical insurance, they will take you on immedately. Also, any medical bills you have incurred so far, they will attempt pay it for you. Again, the best thing to do is contact them at BCCTP.com If you are not in California,this would be a Medicaid program. Hope this helps.

      over 8 years ago
    • JRuth's Avatar

      Hi, little_fut. I tried bcctp.com and got the error message that the web site could not be found. The search did direct me to the program for California and a couple of other states, but not Oklahoma. However, we did try through Medicaid here in Oklahoma and were declined because our household income (all from social security) exceeded their guidline figure by $23.66 per month and we were told that that the figures on their income tables were absolute. I don't think I have ever before in my life wished I had LESS income. I haven't given up yet. If I have learned anything thus far it is that sometimes you just have to find the person that knows how to do what you need done, and it may take a few tries to find them - or realize that it really can't be done.

      over 8 years ago
    • LisaD@StF's Avatar

      JRuth coming in late with a response. You can try this site if your wife is 55 or older:
      If you are over 55 BenefitsCheckUp is a free confidential, online service of the National Council on Aging (NCOA). The online service will ask a series of questions to help adults over 55 who need help paying for prescription drugs, healthcare, utilities, and other basic needs and identify programs and benefits that could help. (www.benefitscheckup.org)

      Another that gives just a 1 time lump sum is: AVONCares – (80/813/4673)provides financial assistance for transportation, child care, home care, etc. Must have a women’s cancer. Typically awards 100.00.

      Here is another: The Pink Fund- (www.thepinkfund.org) : If you meet their criteria they help to replace lost income through paying creditors directly.

      I know that you have already tried disability, not unusual to get denied, you may want to check into Allusp Life Reclaimed on line at (apply.allsup.com) or call them at[phone number redacted]) They may be able to help.

      I would also ask if you hospital or MD offices offer any financial assistance programs based on income. Call their billing offices usually. At the very least hopefully they can set you up on a payment plan.

      Unfortunately you are right it takes a lot of effort and help comes from many different resources, good luck and prayers!

      about 8 years ago
  • JRuth's Avatar

    JRuth started following

    User: GregP_WN