• mecalcole's Avatar

    mecalcole started following

    Question: Tamoxifen...

  • mecalcole's Avatar

    mecalcole shared an experience

    Oh No (Larger than originally thought): Well, it went from thinking it was under 2 cm to looking like it is over 5 cm. I no longer have to make a decision between lumpectomy or masectomy. Lumpectomy is not an option any more. In a way it was kind of a relief, now to decide about reconstruction, I meet with the plastic surgeon next Friday to discuss it with him.

  • mecalcole's Avatar

    mecalcole shared an experience

    Celebration (No cancer in left breast)

  • mecalcole's Avatar

    mecalcole shared an experience

    Oh No (MRI results - More sites): Got results of MRI yesterday. The cancer in the right is more extensive than they first saw. There are 2 more sites that are suspicious. Have scheduled an MRI guided biopsy for Monday afternoon for 3 more biopsies. Left side will also be biopsied to get a definitive answer on that. This will make a total of six so far. Then back to see surgeon again on Friday.

  • mecalcole's Avatar

    mecalcole shared an experience

    Decision Point: 6-8 Saw surgeon today. Lumpectomy or masectomy? Hard decision to make. I have one friend telling me go for the lumpectomy and another one saying masectomy just get rid of it, I am going to put it on hold until I see what information we can get from the MRI.

    1 Comment
    • DaveWaz's Avatar
      DaveWaz

      You might want to post "lumpectomy vs mastectomy" in our Questions section (click on Questions above in the blue bar). I am sure you'll get a lot of feedback if you share your situation. Good luck.

      over 4 years ago
  • mecalcole's Avatar

    mecalcole shared an experience

    Procedure or Surgery (Biopsy): June 6, stereotqctic biopsies (2) ended up laying on the table for 3 hours, they couldn't get 2 pictures of the site, ended up the dr thinks she missed the suspicious target. I felt so sorry for her cause she felt so bad about not hitting the target. But those things happen. So now we try getting information another way. Have MRI scheduled for June 12. However on the bright side the calcifications she did get came back as benign.