• Mequilatequila's Avatar

    Mequilatequila shared an experience

    Decision Point (Whether to have surgery in two weeks or wait and have the surgery in a month rather than two weeks): I received my biopsy pathology report Fri. Aig. 3 which showed high grade invasive breast cancer. Wed, Aug. 8th, I met with the oncologist. He's recommending a mastectomy and surgery is already scheduled in two weeks, Aug. 24. I feel I need more time to digest the news and find out more about what is involved in a mastectomy and the healing process / timeline after the surgery. So I would like to delay the surgery by another two weeks but the fact that the cancer is a recurrence poorly differentiated, high grade, and already invasive speaks to quick action. It feels that things are moving too fast. So fast that I am having difficulty digesting the news and balancing what appears to be needed (surgery) with what my gut feels (I'm not quite ready nor balanced). So i just have to decide when to have my surgery for my mastectomy.

  • Mequilatequila's Avatar

    Mequilatequila shared an experience

    Oh No (Cancer is back/Recurred ): My annual mammogram showed a spot which led to a sonogram. This resulted in a biopsy on July 23. The biopsy showed cancer cells again. When the biopsy report was not yet completed after four days, my surgeon became pro-active and ordered tests to determine if the cancer was present somewhere else in my body. But all tests came back normal. Cancer not showing up anywhere in my body. It took 9 business days to get the results of the pathology report which was highly unusual. End result very abnormal cancer cells and final diagnosis = recurrent poorly differential high grade invasive carcinoma. Met with oncologist who is recommending a mastectomy which I do not want. So struggling with the idea of having a mastectomy scheduled for Aug. 24