• rickbr's Avatar

    rickbr wrote on ev814's wall

    How are you doing? My wife was diagnosed with stage 4 stomach cancer a year ago and is now, according to recent scans, cancer free. She had 5 months of chemo, EOX protocol. Did you have chemo? As far as nutrition goes, we try to eat healthy, definitely do not add sugar, and eat organic veggies as much as possible, very little red meat, and my wife takes some vitamin supplements that have been recommended.

  • rickbr's Avatar

    rickbr started following

    User: ev814

  • rickbr's Avatar

    rickbr started following

    User: krissyann64

  • rickbr's Avatar

    rickbr asked a questionStomach Cancer

    Wondering whether to continue chemotherapy

    • Bellamore's Avatar
      Bellamore

      You oncologist should help you make the decision. He's the guy with all the facts. Push him a little harder. Ask him what he would do.

      over 4 years ago
    • GregP_WN's Avatar
      GregP_WN

      During my first bout with cancer, I was told that I didn't need the last two treatments. I wasn't given a choice, they just said your done. My cancer came back 4 months later. Maybe it wouldn't have if I had the last two?
      As tough as the treatments are, and I know how good you get to feeling after a few weeks off of them, and it's hard to go back on the treatments. If it was me, today, I would take the treatments.

      Just my opinion, my body, and my experience having had cancer 3 times. I wish you the very best and hope your journey with cancer gets much easier.

      over 4 years ago
  • rickbr's Avatar

    rickbr posted an update

    Wondering whether my wife should continue chemo. She has stage 4 stomach cancer and has had 6 bouts, 18 wks, of chemo EOX regimen. She has responded well and the latest scan shows no active cancer. She has been off xeloda now for 2 weeks as her WBC and platelets were very low and she has some discoloration side effects. She also has colitis now which the Dr. said could be from chemo or an infection. She has taking antibiotics since Monday. She is getting back to feeling very good. She's due for bout 7 next Tuesday (oxaliplatin and epirubicin) and xeloda pills and her oncologist is indicating that it's our decision. We don't know what to base a decision on. Help, suggestions, would be appreciated. Thanks!

    1 Comment
    • DaveWaz's Avatar
      DaveWaz

      My thoughts and prayers are with you as make these decisions. I suggest you also post this in our Questions section.

      You can do this by clicking on the "Ask Network" link on your logged in home page or the "Questions" link at the top of this page. When you post needs/questions using our question feature, we route your question to everyone in the network who might be able to help. Also, know you can use the "Update" feature on the site to keep anyone who might be following you on WhatNext up to date.

      over 4 years ago
  • rickbr's Avatar

    rickbr wrote on LisaMcD's wall

    What treatment is your friend getting now? What chemo regimen? If your friend is happy with current treatment, it would be best to stay put as treatments are standard.