• scaredtodeath's Avatar

    scaredtodeath asked a questionLung Cancer

    where can he get some relief for medicine his insurance does not cover

    7 answers
    • GregA0406's Avatar

      You may also want to ask your Pharmacist. We have a Pharmacist who is assigned solely to the Infusion Center at the hospital. He has been able to help with "samples" at times.

      over 8 years ago
    • CAS1's Avatar

      Make sure you meet with the Hospital Social worker and most big cancer centers have on site ACS people. Both of them should be able to provide you with information on services for those in need. often times ther eis even help from your county depending upon where you live.

      over 8 years ago
    • MisterEd's Avatar

      The maker of the cancer drug I'm taking is Genentech. They have a co-pay assistance program that drastically reduces the cost of my therapy. My drug (Tarceva) costs over $16,000 for a 90 day supply. My insurance pays all but $2500 of that cost. Genentech covers all of the co-pay except $100. I couldn't afford the $16,000 or even the $2500 but $100 out of pocket expense, to me, is manageable.

      over 8 years ago
  • scaredtodeath's Avatar

    scaredtodeath shared an experience

    Drug or Chemo Therapy: this about my son who has recently been told he has cancer. Right now he is doing oral med's of which is wiping out his bank account/it's either med's for food

  • scaredtodeath's Avatar

    scaredtodeath started following

    User: GregP_WN